But did you know, if you own an Apple iPhone (or iPod Touch) you already have a device which you can turn into a photo frame while you are at home? The iPhone comes with a clear, bright and not to small display which makes it perfect to display your photos. There is only one change you will have to do:
- Just go to Settings, the General and and change the Auto-Lock setting to Never
That's it. It keeps the background light on all the time and doesn't put the phone to sleep. Now you can go to the Photos application and start a slideshow of your photos and there you have the digital photo frame. Of course you will want to put the iPhone into the dock or at least connect the cable to not use your battery.
The nice thing about using the iPhone as a photo frame is the built in internet connection. Means you are not restricted to your own photos on the phone but you can load and display content from the internet. Here are some ideas:
- Get photos from Picasa by running slideshows from Googles Mobile Picasa Webalbums
- Have a look around the world by watching webcams from WorldWatchr
Of course you aren't restricted to photos at all:
- Display the latest news by running an RSS reader.
- Don't miss new mails coming in.
- See world clocks from WorldClockr or countdowns from CountDownr.
This way your iPhone becomes a much better (but of course more expensive) digital photo frames than most devices you can buy today.